For there to be consistency in construction design, appearance and operation of lift stations that are to be accepted by the West Central Conservancy District, the following specifications are considered as minimum standards for acceptance for development sewer facilities possessing lift stations:
1. A concrete pad with a thickness of no less than 4" (four inches) covering the lift station area extending no less than 3' (three feet) past the wet well and valve vault.
2. A fence, 6' (six feet) in height, touching the perimeter of the pad, set in concrete with two (2) 4' (four feet) swing doors with a lock system. The swing doors need to be centered with the wet well. Fence composition is to be at a minimum 11 gauge chain link although wooden privacy type fencing may be used with prior District approval. The fence should be raised approximately 3" (three inches) from ground level with one (1) strand of tension wire woven through the lowest links. The area immediately outside the fenced area, excluding the gate area, is to be finish graded and landscaped in such a manner as to assist in "hiding" the station.
3. Drives to the lift station shall have a compacted stone base and paved with asphalt or concrete in accordance with approved construction drawings. The drive shall have a minimum width of 10' (ten feet) designed to allow trucks to turn around and completely exit the thoroughfare route used to get to the station.
4. AES Intellinet Radio Alarm is to be installed as a part of the lift station installation.
5. All lift stations with static or erratic flow shall have a MULTI-TRODE pump activation/high level alarm installed.
6. An overhead, low voltage, light with an on/off switch must be installed inside fenced area.
7. A "Safe-Hatch" access cover from FLYGT, or other approved vendor, must be installed under the wet well access doors.
Any questions as to drives and/or equipment can be directed to District Inspection personnel at (317) 272-3944.